About Me....

My name is Christina Moore and I am currently a Junior at the University of South Alabama. My major is Secondary Education, and I am focusing on Language Arts. It has always been a dream to be a teacher. I would like to teach middle school, hopefully sixth grade. I love to read and write.

My Teaching
Philosophy


I can honestly say that the only job I ever dreamed of having was being a teacher. I'll admit, I was not a fan of school sometimes because it was boring or I felt like I was wasting my time absorbing knowledge that I know that I would not need in my future. I decided at a very young age that I wanted to be that teacher who all of my students looked up to because I understood them and kept their interest in my class.

I believe that child's grade school years are the most important days of their lives. Not because it educates them and prepares them for life, but for the simple fact it is the time where they discover who they are and who they want to be. Children need guidance and example. If they do not have both or any of these, they can feel lost and alone. Some may act out and others may keep to themselves. For those reasons, I will try my best to engage all of my students in a way that they don't have to act out and be a part of the group always.

Of course, being a teacher means you have to teach. But I also believe that being a teacher is almost being like another parent. I plan to love all of my students as if they were my own. The good ones and the bad ones. I know that each child is going to be so different, and that's what makes them special. I want them to know that and feel that way. Learning can be fun if everyone is one the same page. Class and group discussions can be more vivid which is always an effective learning tool.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Twitter

Twitter is a popular name in the world these days. I'm glad Dr. Strange encouraged us to use it because I'm not really into what "everybody is talking about". I guess maybe I should be because twitter can be useful in many ways... though I believe as a teaching tool it has its limits.

First of all, when I become a teacher I will make an account and give the link out to my students so they can check it regularly with cool and useful links. I will update on things they may be interested in and even update about project that are coming up. I would require the student to make an account because they may only have access to the internet at school. This would be there just because.

Since twitter limits what you have to say I honestly cannot see what else I can do to have students use this site. Maybe they can conversation with each other about homework and missed assignments. They could also get closer to their classmates. This is proven to be true because I have made new friends from my EDM 310 class just by using twitter.

Twitter is a good way to communicate in short with all the extra jibber jabber in the middle!

No comments:

Post a Comment