About Me....

My name is Christina Moore and I am currently a Junior at the University of South Alabama. My major is Secondary Education, and I am focusing on Language Arts. It has always been a dream to be a teacher. I would like to teach middle school, hopefully sixth grade. I love to read and write.

My Teaching
Philosophy


I can honestly say that the only job I ever dreamed of having was being a teacher. I'll admit, I was not a fan of school sometimes because it was boring or I felt like I was wasting my time absorbing knowledge that I know that I would not need in my future. I decided at a very young age that I wanted to be that teacher who all of my students looked up to because I understood them and kept their interest in my class.

I believe that child's grade school years are the most important days of their lives. Not because it educates them and prepares them for life, but for the simple fact it is the time where they discover who they are and who they want to be. Children need guidance and example. If they do not have both or any of these, they can feel lost and alone. Some may act out and others may keep to themselves. For those reasons, I will try my best to engage all of my students in a way that they don't have to act out and be a part of the group always.

Of course, being a teacher means you have to teach. But I also believe that being a teacher is almost being like another parent. I plan to love all of my students as if they were my own. The good ones and the bad ones. I know that each child is going to be so different, and that's what makes them special. I want them to know that and feel that way. Learning can be fun if everyone is one the same page. Class and group discussions can be more vivid which is always an effective learning tool.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Reason Why I Want to Be a Teacher

The only dream I have ever had was to be a teacher. I am an only child, and when I was younger I would play school with all of my stuffed animals. I did not decide what I wanted to teach until my senior year in high school when my teacher asked me if I considered being an English teacher since I enjoyed it so much. I love to write and I always try to encourage people to do so no matter what the occasion is. I believe the best way to improve writing skills is to do it all the time whether it is for school purposes or just because you feel like it.
I also love kids because I feel like the innocent always has the best ideas and are able to be taught anything if they don't know. For a small time of their days I hope to fill their minds with something new and refreshing everyday. Whether it is English related or some sort of fact I came across and decided to share. I am random and sporadic so my students will never be able to predict what I will have in store for them. I hope that they will be excited to come to my class because they will be excited to learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment