About Me....

My name is Christina Moore and I am currently a Junior at the University of South Alabama. My major is Secondary Education, and I am focusing on Language Arts. It has always been a dream to be a teacher. I would like to teach middle school, hopefully sixth grade. I love to read and write.

My Teaching
Philosophy


I can honestly say that the only job I ever dreamed of having was being a teacher. I'll admit, I was not a fan of school sometimes because it was boring or I felt like I was wasting my time absorbing knowledge that I know that I would not need in my future. I decided at a very young age that I wanted to be that teacher who all of my students looked up to because I understood them and kept their interest in my class.

I believe that child's grade school years are the most important days of their lives. Not because it educates them and prepares them for life, but for the simple fact it is the time where they discover who they are and who they want to be. Children need guidance and example. If they do not have both or any of these, they can feel lost and alone. Some may act out and others may keep to themselves. For those reasons, I will try my best to engage all of my students in a way that they don't have to act out and be a part of the group always.

Of course, being a teacher means you have to teach. But I also believe that being a teacher is almost being like another parent. I plan to love all of my students as if they were my own. The good ones and the bad ones. I know that each child is going to be so different, and that's what makes them special. I want them to know that and feel that way. Learning can be fun if everyone is one the same page. Class and group discussions can be more vivid which is always an effective learning tool.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teaching and Technology

I am very happy to say that I am part of an era where technology is on the rise. It is funny to think that maybe 20 years ago using the internet as a source of communication, learning, and research was virtually unheard of. I think that using technology in the classroom will be a very important tool for me to incorporate.

For example, I love the thought of using blogs to record your work. For my EDM 310 class I have to take as a prerequisite for my degree, I have to post blogs every week on a particular subject my teacher assigns the class. It just seems to be easier just to log on to my blog and type up the assignment. There is no extra paper I have to keep up with or turn in. Everything is just a click of a button a way. A downside to this in the classroom, is that every one may not have access to a computer or internet. I feel that by the time I have a class of my own, technology will be easier and perhaps cheaper to come by so this will not be an issue.

I believe that technology is a great learning tool , because who doesn't like to get on the computer? I know that children and teenagers seem to not be able to keep their fingers off some sort of keyboard, so why not throw in class work among the other things that they do online. As a future I have to help figure out a way to engage students into wanting to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment